The central mission of the Penn TREC Survivor Center is to advance science on energetics and cancer survivorship, toward the goal of improving both the length and quality of cancer survivorship.
The goal of the Bioinformatics Core is to provide expert biostatistical guidance in the design, conduct and analysis of research projects generated under the Penn TREC Survivor Center.
- Provide expert biostatistical collaboration specifically to:
- Devise best designs, calculate needed sample sizes and devise and implement plans for randomization and interim review
- Perform statistical analyses and data exploration using appropriate statistical methods
- Participate in the preparation of manuscripts, presentations and posters based on TREC studies
- Develop computerized tools to track study participants
- Establish secure data entry procedures that ensure data quality and protect confidential information
- Create and maintain relational databases that provide access to common resources and information
- Ensure the accuracy of the data with software-based data consistency and quality control systems
- Support data analysis activities through creation of analysis data sets, quality control, preliminary analyses and other data and statistical programming tasks as needed